Monday, August 23, 2010

Last day at work.



Well, today is my last day at work so I figured I'd take a minute to write about it. Work this summer has been really good. It was different then what I had imagined when I left Provo to spend the summer in AZ working at Catapult Strategic Design. To be honest my work this summer was kind of split three ways. I did a lot of work for Catapult including working on a couple logos, designing several brochures and a fair bit of production work on some design projects for a big housing development here in AZ.

I also did quite a bit of work for my Utah job where I do graphic design for United Way of Utah County. This summer I designed a brochure and some posters, which are still in the works, and worked on a few other things that came up along the way. I made a couple of trips up to Utah this summer for work, one time I art directed a photoshoot for the brochure and for some posters that will hopefully be done soon. That was a lot of fun, and I felt pretty legit as I did so.

The third thing that I spent time on this summer was school work, both past and future. I re-worked a couple of old projects, came up with ideas for future projects and I designed and programmed my portfolio website. It took a lot of time but it was well worth it in the end.

Also, this summer, along with work I found some time to have fun. I played frisbee and volleyball nearly every week. I made a few trips up to Utah, sometimes for work and sometimes just for fun. That was always a blast to see everyone and hang-out while I was up there. I also made a few trips up to our cabin this summer. It was always beautiful and enjoyable. We played a lot of forest golf, and went fishing, and cooked over a fire and all the other great cabin stuff we did.

So now I get ready to head back up to Provo to begin another year of school. To be honest I really am excited to go back up. I know school is going to kick my butt again but that's ok. I'll work hard and make my way through. Plus, I get to see all of my friends and do all sorts of fun things.

No comments:

Post a Comment